Talking Sticks

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Catching myself coming back

Good grief, I could do with just slowing down again. The last two days have included a rather heated email exchange with our wedding photographer, some great feedback on things I do / be, new appointments, disappointments and strange weather. I feel in a spin, but not like a positive, gyroscopic one, more of a headish slow topple! Still....

A highlight to share is this, adapted from the journal.....

Yesterday, Elly and I stopped working, opened the window and listened to the snow falling. We could hear the thick flakes hissing through the air. This is the power of the moment: we can lose ourselves in an experience like that and fall in love with the world again.

I grow more convinced that the only way to change or grow is to slow right down and fully experience the things we want to change - to fall in love with them, learn their wisdom and then move on, with the hiss of the snow playing beautifully in our memory.

What a wonderful hippy.

Love

Me
x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home