Talking Sticks

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Eeeee by gum but ahm knackered

A fine piece of northern English dialect for you there, which roughly translates to "I say, how very tired I'm feeling".

Well, perhaps predictably, the session went really well.....and got better from the minute I stopped using the damned powerpoint slides and starting playing and being, frankly, rather camp. So there we were, 50-60 people all asking dumb questions, making mistakes and splashing about in some real basic values and vision stuff. It was a ball!

And the feedback....was great! Apparently, my style is.....
"enthusiastic, inspiring, energetic, informal, relaxed, fun AND professional"....all these things and more, right? And here's the weirdest piece of 'learning'. I've heard and known these words about my style for ages - really, a long time. And what I realised today was that I had assumed that everybody's style of leading workshops is like that, that there's nothing remarkable about it. And (can you see the Homer Simpson moment coming?), today, I'm actually getting that it's not everyone - it is me - and actually, it is special and powerful, and I don't need to think that just because it's easy (relatively) for me, that it's valueless.......D'OH!

Elly finds this realisation extremely amusing, and has been wondering how long it would take me to get that I really am very special. D'oh - again.

So, my commitment today is to explore and revel in my 'home-base' a little more, before I go off anywhere else.

And because I'm so tired, I'm off for a while, now.

Wishing you fond lovely things

xx


So,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home