Talking Sticks

Monday, November 21, 2005

How come tomorrow is taking up so much of today?

Well, I need some help and support here.

Tomorrow I'm leading a presentation for two hours or so to the local branch of the largest professional HR body in the UK (CIPD). Seventy people, presumably all coming along in their corporate roles, pretending to be experts (OOOOO what boxes am I putting people in?!). And I'm leading a session called 'passion and performance: co-active coaching in the workplace'.

Strangely, although I know I know my stuff inside out and back to front and have lead sessions like this perfectly well before now, I'm feeling quite heady and nervous about it all. And yet, when I'm in the flow - no problems, I'm sure. So settling down is required.

Perhaps I can come at it from the word of the day - which is 'growth'. As I stood on the ground, feeling my feet on the floor, I noticed my head was going upwards - neat trick. I was growing.

Aren't we always?

Love
X

2 Comments:

  • I have no doubt that you will do brilliantly tomorrow... I would love to learn some more about the content of your presentation ! Love, Inge

    By Blogger Pippi Langkous, at Tuesday, November 22, 2005  

  • I will not give advice as you already know what to do. Just don't forget to be a little weird! They sooo need that from you!

    Level 3 - there is a Pippi Longstocking DVD playing in the background here and she is charming snakes at a circus by playing a pretend flute (the snake seems to love it) - mean anything to you?

    By Blogger Paul Byrne, at Tuesday, November 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home