Talking Sticks

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Dreams, dreams, drzzzzzzzzz

I love dreams. They are so insightful. Never mind all that Freudian analysis stuff - get your head around Gestalt dream work - it's delightful, and astounding how powerful a process it is for assimilating inner wisdom. The basic premises are that only the dreamer can know what the dream is about (sounding familiar?), and that some facet or facets of the dreamer are represented in every feature of the dream. Another wonderful notion is that dreams are your subconscious (intuitive?) mind talking to you, but that nightmares or recurring dreams are your subconscious shouting at you. Anyway, don;t take it from me, read about it yourself or even better, work with your dreams in a gestalt way, it will be fascinating. Unless it isn;t of course!

I love it.

When I worked through my dream last night (it's a bit of a hobby with me), I found a means of identifying and integrating three different aspects of myself - my soul (the symbol was a large, bank with deep vaults), my heart (a young child who had robbed the bank, and very scared of being sent back to prison - long story there too, and no, I haven't committed any crimes or been in prison, my subconscious isn't that literal!) and my mind (the rather serious policeman who didn;t want to punish, but to understand the thief - always trying to understand). Anyway, one of the processes is a dialogue between different elements of the dream....suffice it to say my journal is a little bizarre, but wonderfully resolved today.

Here are some words...

"My word today was clarity. How wonderful it should come through in my dream and bring a totally different process of finding wisdom with it. Things are seldom what they seem at first glance, and yet it's the glance that changes. the glance. Not the things themselves. This is all we get in life, a series of glances, unless we slow down and think of the variety of different glances. The is the way of peacefulness, celebration and integration. Welcome to more of life, welcome to more of me. . With love and depth..."

Me
x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home