Talking Sticks

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Spinning like a top

Hi!

Well, I'm off to York later today to run two workshops on stress and motivation - what a great chance to watch for my eccentric impact - I'll let you know!

Today's words were more of an idea - to just STOP. NOW. And look around at the world and beauty we would have missed if we were blindly working away or trying too hard. As I stood facing the East, I stopped and decided to stand and wait a little before starting shintaido. And a flock of fieldfares flew past, out of the East - stopping has its rewards.

And then later, as I waited for a word to appear, I opened my eyes and watched the garden birds flying past and around me. Witness the beauty of the world, we miss it too often.

With busy-ness and remembering to stop and spin perfectly still for a while.

Love

X

2 Comments:

  • Jamie my sweet! Thank you so much for fulfilling the request! I am revelling in your writing and having a little window on you soul every so often. You are cherished.

    By Blogger Aliaena, at Tuesday, November 15, 2005  

  • Simply looking a the world outside can take your breath away...eyes roaming, minds glowing. Let's just visit the world, every day...

    By Blogger Pippi Langkous, at Tuesday, November 15, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home