Talking Sticks

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Well, you know what...?

Tired is the word that keeps coming back to me. I've been delivering workshops last week, getting into all manner of crap hotels, not sleeping well and generally too busy to not be busy without collapsing, if you see what I mean. Even actually, if you don't.

The group call was strangely frustrating - comfortable, amicable and slightly unsatisfying. Do I know what I want instead? No. But then, space first, particles second. I remembered the Moroccan Lounge meeting, get the space right and the particles slide into place - we edged towards a sense of communal identity in those minutes. Seems different these days. Feels like old-fashioned telephone calls to me. Feels...pleasant and bland. In fact, in these crazy days, perhaps more than ever when leadership and real connection would be most helpful, I find myself withdrawing, making less time for me and others and getting my head down to get through the times in one piece.

Am wondering about the point of all this leadership stuff...asking, "so what?" And often getting annoyed and angry with it....so something must be going on! The dip? What is running me? Where am I trying to look good? What am I taking so seriously?

Forming - storming - norming - performing - going tribal? I think as a tribe we're kidding ourselves somehow....perhaps the Guru Macaroon has infiltrated the tribe space and is making us take it all very seriously? Or not seriously enough. Perhaps it's all made up anyway? Not sure what that means either. And it may be just me. Messy, innit?

Good.
Gloves

J
x

1 Comments:

  • Very much with you... Have done really well connecting to individuals, but not with the group. Maybe I should step up instead of stepping and withdrawing... xxx

    By Blogger Pippi Langkous, at Sunday, December 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home