Talking Sticks

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Some thoughts from a rather sad place

I remembered earlier today that people really do put their hearts into loving the people around them. It's just that it's too easy to lose track of that among all the stuff we tell ourselves about ourselves and each other. I feel sad about that. Sometimes I really miss the intimacy of knowing that underneath all that thinking, we truly love each other.

Here's one of my poems:


Somewhere under all of this…

Somewhere under all this thought
there is the truth of where I am
the sense of what I am feeling
the natural, uncluttered me.

Somewhere under all these words
there is the feeling
the sentiment of what I have to say
that speaks from the real me.

Somewhere under all your listening
there is the truth of where you are
the sense of what you are feeling
the natural uncluttered you.

Somewhere under all our thought
under all our trying
to understand, to communicate, to love
our real selves are doing just that.

If only we could let them be
without breaking in and disrupting
with all our thinking and trying.
How much simpler it would be
for me to show you
how much I love you
How my life is in your veins
How close I would hold your heart
How I would sing for you
Knowing, that somewhere
under this blanket of thinking
your heart hears and sings along.

c JM Feb '04


And here are some thoughts I came across today.

"If your compassion does not include yourself, it is not complete" The B-man (Buddha, that is)

"We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are" The Talmud

"Don't just do something! Sit there!" Thich Nhat Hanh

2 Comments:

  • What a beautiful poem...very much close to how I am feeling right now. Weird. But we do not see things the way they are, simply the way we are... And we go down the path of the dark side of the force, out of fear, sadness, anger. I would want be more of a jedi.

    By Blogger Pippi Langkous, at Monday, December 12, 2005  

  • Jaimie
    I loved your poem and the attached thoughts. Beautiful.

    By Blogger Aliaena, at Monday, January 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home