Talking Sticks

Friday, March 03, 2006

Now, swans, tell me, what will you fight for?

Read this out loud
For my love
I will fight for you to feel your life.
I will fight your lies about who you think you are.
I will fight for the simple truth of you.
I will fight for the hideous, spitting beast in you.
I will fight for the magnificent, glorious soul you are.
I will fight for you to be you.
And when you doubt yourself
I will fight for you to touch your spirit
and realise
it was always here,
you just kept turning away.
I will fight for how you break my heart.
And now you are here,
I will fight for the tears in your eyes.
I will fight for the splendid glory of your running makeup.
For your tousled hair and muddied dress.
For the music that makes us cry and cling and kiss in joy.
For the dance in your feet.
For the wildness of your hair as you spin.
For the joy in your face as you shriek your life.
For your smile that puts heaven in the shade.
I will fight for your life.
I will fight to love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home