Talking Sticks

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

From my heart

I tell you this will not do.
My wings are aching to take flight.
It does not lie well that we lie easy.
In the days that follow, will your spirit sleep easily, knowing you stayed in the shallow waters?
Knowing you had the chance to spread your wings or glide into the cool water?
And yet we stand by the waters edge, admiring the beauty of it, gazing at it.
How foolish to stand in rapture, praising the beauty of sky and water and not to exult in flying through both.
I tell you now, this will not do.
The real swans fly on, finding new grounds.
The sky is clear and blue and DEMANDS that we fly.
I will not stay on the surface with those who wait and dally.
I crave the pressure of the dark unknown.
Empty shades are all that are available while gazing at the mist over the water.
There is no need to understand, to swim or fly well, or even to like the dive; your spirit knows what it wants.
My place is to be an exultant soul in dive or flight.
My Swans, gazing at the water is not enough.
Either this tribe works together, or it breaks apart and we fly alone.
Either we build our stake and stay with the process or we simply spend time dabbling in the water.
I am Mountain Diver.
Who are you?
What will you fight for?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home