Talking Sticks

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Haka

I am Mountain Diver and I speak from my heart.
Part of my purpose is to stir deeper water, shake up the sediment at the bottom of the lake. The call last night has called me to that again - so thank you, Swans, I actually felt excited and frustrated at the end of the call - YAY!
I love the notion of doing something large as a tribe. And right now I don't care what format it is. The only thing I can commit to is a co-created tribal stake. Without this, any format is meaningless and purposeless for me. Without a tribal stake we are a lovely group of individuals lacking any synergy, common purpose or direction.
The notion that "maybe we're not ready to talk about what our stake is" is crap.
Have we forgotten what the past six months of leadership have been all about? That's what we've been doing the whole time. How did we find the stakes for our workshops? By talking about what we are passionate about - and using all the 'create from self' and 'create from other' learning we've spent all our money on. Dammit, it works.
Remember Henry shouting at us in the last community meeting in Sitges? I don't care what your head says, I don't care if you want to 'talk about' it - I want to short-circuit out all the level 1 crap and get to the juicy, alive, compelling sense of passion that we all have spent two retreats getting in touch with.
I don't expect an easy or quick answer, I don't want people to speculate about what the tribal stake is yet, I expect people to state their personal answer with passion (lifeboat time), and to build on, blend and lead, break and give and damn well create from other and self until we have that ringing moment of beautiful clarity - OUR STAKE.
Another thing - voting - I remember another Henry and Karen rebuke for the tribe - "who fucking cares if you agree or not?" The agenda here is to create something together, not to vote on what has gone before. (I really like this one because it means I don't care if you agree with this mail, because you have to build with it - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA).
Here is my starting point:
I will fight for people to be at peace with all of themselves; the dreadful shadow, light shadow and persona. I believe that the only way to inner and outer peace is for people to be compassionate towards and to celebrate that we are all as awful AND as god-like as everyone else in the world. Only when we can accept all of ourselves will we stop projecting all our shit and fear onto others. That is the only way to stop abuse, bullying, cruelty and war.
I will fight for that, and I want to fight alongside my tribe.
That's my haka to you - what's your response?
What, Swans, will you fight for?
I am Mountain Diver, and these are the words of my heart
Ho

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home