Talking Sticks

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Level playing field

I saw a documentary about Yusuf Islam / Cat Stevens today - very interesting: his humility, creativity and peacefulness. All that and a big beard as well.

His journey is an interesting one - finding his metier in music, then moving on another step and giving up music for many years, then having found what he was after in Islam, rediscovering his music because his son had brought a guitar back into the house and it was lying around.

I take several things from this:
The journey is the destination.
The 'universe' has a sense of simple humour.
All we do is continually return to the simple truth that was there in us all along but that we thought was "so simple it couldn't be that". But each time we return, we get there with more richness and bring a newer, deeper, more peaceful level of commitment.

I also take a personal sadness that at the moment I don't see what course of action or endeavour my purpose takes me to.

Is that my purpose, or just words that cropped up in a goldfish bowl in Spain?
What if there is no purpose and the question is all there is?
What if all meaning falls away?
All I am left with are the simple acts of living and the birds in the garden.
And sometimes I think that is more than enough.

Occasionally, wisdom is found in very odd places.

Think I'll go listen to Peacetrain.

Love
MD

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home