Talking Sticks

Saturday, January 28, 2006

And we think this stuff is new?!

I read this at some friends' wedding and at the time I thought, "how pretty". Today I read it and thought, "how perfect." Anyway, I can't think of a situation where this doesn't apply, but it struck me in relation to calling forth and how, without connection or listening (or love!) it sounds harsh, critical and just like angry noise. Here we go...

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not Love, I am become as sounding brass, or a clanging cymbal.

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not Love, I am nothing.

And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not Love, it profiteth me nothing...

...Love never fails"

Ho

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home